Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/plato/public/wp-content/themes/plato/partials/content-image_gallery.php on line 7
Is your dog’s breed the most popular kid in school?
With so many amazing dog breeds, it can be difficult to decide which pup would make the perfect FURever friend! From rare beauts like the Tibetan Mastiff, Catahoula Leopard Dog, and the Carolina Dog to the most popular breeds, picking the right companion is key to a happy furry (Or Hypoallergenic) relationship. But what are the most popular dog breeds you might ask? I know I did! Luckily, VetStreet and Kristen Seymour took the time to compile some data and found some very interesting trends!
Did you know:
- Did you know that labradoodles are the 10th most popular dog in Oregon and Goldendoodles are the 9th most popular dogs in Wisconsin? Doodles are on the rise and it’s no wonder why when you have one to fall in love with yourself! These are great dogs with amazing temperaments and, not to mention, are hypoallergenic!
- The misunderstood breed – the American Pit Bull Terrier is the #1 beloved breed in Rhode Island and is on the top three for 27 other states. I love seeing the stigma of these amazing dogs turning around! Every BSL law that gets revoked is another step closer to breed equality.
- The Bulldog has made the top 10 list in 10 states, 9 of which adopted the bulldog as a sports mascot! Something tells me that Georgia is one of those 9 states. Nothing’s more adorable than seeing an English or French Bulldog wearing his college jersey on game day.
- It came to no surprise that the Labrador Retriever finished 1st on 42 different state lists! People love these dogs and these dogs love their people. Seems like a perfect match if you ask me.
- With their cute stature and adorable personality, it was no surprise to find, the Yorkshire Terrier came up on the top 5 list for 37 states!
- Last but not least, did you know that the Siberian & Alaskan Husky are both in the top ten list for most popular dogs in Alaska? Did that surprise you?!? I am guessing not.
Overall Results – The Labrador Retriever takes the cake for Prom King! This breed is loved, loving, and loveable! What more can you ask for out of your furry friend?!?