Plato Pet Treats are all-natural and slow-baked in an organically certified facility in the fertile San Joaquin Valley. Sustainability of our mother-earth is the cornerstone to all the fresh ingredients in our recipes.
Going Green is the phrase of the decade. There are so many ways to go green and it impacts more areas of our life than we may even consider. In an effort to help the Plato Pet Treats lifestyle fans learn, we have gathered several interesting and inspirational green initiatives to help you understand how you can participate and share what is going green this decade.
- GoGreenInitiative.org was founded by Jill Buck (@jillbuck on Twitter) for the purpose of providing custom green plans for schools nationwide. Teach kids the importance of conservation and they will take it with them and live this way.
- The LEED buildings or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design buildings green initiative sets standards for new building design and functions that substantially impact our environment. To earn a LEED certification, building projects must meet prerequisites and earn points to achieve different levels of certification. Prerequisites differ for each pillar of LEED and teams choose the best fit for their project.
- Reforestation is the effort to plant trees at a rapid rate to replace the trees we are using as resources. Reforestation can be used to improve the quality of human life by soaking up pollution from the air, rebuild natural ecosystems, mitigate global warming and harvest for resources, particularly timber.
- Green Google, yes Google is crazy green as in having goats roam their campus to eliminate the use of fertilizers and lawnmowers. On a more normal note they reduced the energy that their servers use by 50% and use the rest to power buildings. They keep their buildings toasty to save energy and much more including purchasing a wind farm and using Google Earth for reforestation. To learn more about the MANY green initiatives by Google, click here.
- WIPO GREEN is an interactive marketplace that promotes innovation and diffusion of green technologies. Businesses can search for services in this database knowing that the vendors are “green vetted”.
Who knew that Going Green had so many legs. We have just touched the tip of the iceberg here with green initiatives. There are over 165,000,000 web pages that claim green content. So start going green today and help us save the planet for generations of paws to come.
Follow us on Facebook to get all of our tips; short, long and cute winded. Paws Up!